Whether traveling for work or pleasure, exercising should be a priority. Not only does it keep you healthier and happier, but it also prepares you for the day with an incredible boost of energy.
However, when you’re far away from home, the last thing you want to do is to carry around bulky gym gear. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the best resistance bands for travel so you can pack practically, burn extra calories, and remain physically active no matter where you are. These resistance bands are light, portable, and come in various lengths, strengths, and sizes so you can personalize your training session. So if you’re ready to level up your workout, keep reading.
While resistance bands may look like the simplest of accessories, they can enhance any workout routine. They are amongst the best home gym equipment you can own to help you build muscle and increase overall mobility.
According to the Journal of Sports Science & Medicine, with as little as five weeks of resistance band training, you can improve your inner thigh and hamstring flexibility considerably. You can adjust all resistance band workouts to fit your fitness level. If you are interested in resistance band routines, you can try:
- Low-impact strength exercises
- Full-body workouts to build muscle and strength in legs/lower body, arms/upper body, and abs, with full-body movements between each section.
- Full-body high-intensity interval training.
- Abs & Core workouts
- Bicep workout
If you want to purchase quality resistance bands, make sure they meet the following requirements:
Remember that the bands will be under a lot of stress. Therefore, they must be made of high-quality resistant rubber to prevent breaking in the middle of an exercise.
The more weightless and compact the band set is, the easier it will be for you to carry them in your luggage wherever you go. Some even come with a carrying case that can be very handy for travelers.
It is beneficial to have a complete set of bands so you can exercise your whole body, as each exercise requires different levels of resistance.
It’s also essential to highlight that if you are allergic to latex, you should look for bands made of alternative materials.
That being said, here’s a list of the best resistance bands for travel.
Offering 5 latex bands with a tension range from 2 to 30 pounds, Fit Simplify Resistance is one of the best-selling brands on the market. They are one of the most affordable and most versatile options since they work for resistance exercises and rehab exercises. In addition, you can use these bands to add resistance to your HIIT routines.
- They are highly versatile and practical.
- You can take them everywhere as they come with a nylon carrying bag.
- If you are allergic to latex, they might not be for you.
- Each band is designed to withstand 9000 stretches before breaking.
Whether you’re just starting or you’re a pro, these professional pull-up assistance bands are ideal for everyone. You can use SUNPOW to train both the upper and lower body. It’s suitable for speed, endurance, and other exercises.
- It offers five resistance levels with possibilities to combine, and the resistance range goes from 5 to 170 pounds.
- These bands come with a lifetime warranty.
- They are a bit more expensive than other band sets on our list.
Black Mountain Resistance Band Set has a total of 7 rubber bands with a reasonably wide resistance range from 2-4 pounds to 70-75 pounds and handles with a comfortable grip. These are some of the most popular bands in the fitness world because they are incredibly versatile and easy to use.
- They are 99% latex-free, ideal for people who are allergic to latex.
- It includes a starter guide, ankle strap, exercise chart, door anchor, carrying bag.
- Clips snag on bands when changing handles.
Featuring the best balance between comfort and quality is the Renoj Exercise Workout Bands. Thanks to latex and polyester fabric composition, it has been rated 5 out of 5 for feel and grip. If you want to strengthen your glutes and legs, this is a good choice. The bands are easy to use and have three resistance levels, with 35 pounds being the maximum resistance range.
- They offer a non-slip technology that allows you to work out without stopping to adjust them.
- You can only work the lower body.
- Compared to other band sets on this list, it offers the lowest resistance range.
With 14 bands, Bodylastics Resistance Bands offer a total resistance of 404 pounds, which is the most complete set of bands available in the market. It also includes four handles, four ankle straps, two-door anchors, one carrying bag, and 1 PDF educational resource so you can get the most out of this band set to train your entire body and strengthen it to the max.
- Each Bodylastics resistance band incorporates an internal Snap Guard safety lanyard that prevents each band from breaking.
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- The entire set has a total weight of 5.6 kilograms.
If you’re always on the go, purchasing a resistance band can be one of the best investments you make. You can do most of these workouts almost anywhere without requiring much time or space.
From individual tubes, solid and powerful superbands, and mini bands, the best resistance bands come in several sizes, strengths, and lengths, so you can choose the one that best fits you.